Everything you need for some fun hacking in with the NYU online assistive technology course. Included in this kit:
- One 6 foot long mono male to male audio patch cord
- Two alligator clips
- 12 inches of 22 gauge wire (cut into two six inch pieces)
- One 3.5 mm mono jacks, female (internal)
- One 3.5 mm mono jacks, female (external)
- Three strips of adhesive copper, six inches each
- Two squares of conductive fabric, one inch each
- Aluminum foil squares
Step by step directions is available on our website here, https://www.diyability.org/guides/, for making a switch and a battery interrupt. In addition to these materials, you can enhance your hacking if you have the tools below:
- Wire cutters (not necessary, can be performed with scissors but optimal to have the cutters)
- A random business card or thicker piece of paper for making the battery interrupter.
- Small cardboard pieces. Can be any size, depending on how big you want your switch to be.
Feel free to reach out with any questions on using these materials and creating your hacks by contacting [email protected]