This is a recorded webinar to learn about what assistive technology is and how it can benefit an individual with a disability. It will focus on computer access, alternative and augmentative communication, and home automation.
By the end of this webinar, learners will be able to:
- Discuss various disabilities and how the resulting impairments can benefit from assistive technology
- Identify at least three alternative hardware/software options to meet computer access needs
- Identify at least three way to augment communication for an individual
- Discuss options to control the environment through alternative means
Who Should Participate?
- Occupational, physical, recreational therapists
- Speech-Language pathologists
- Individuals with mixed abilities, family members, caregivers
It is appropriate for all levels of knowledge, beginner to experienced technology user.
Cost to access webinar is $20, payable through paypal. Please note that this webinar has not been edited from the recording so that you can receive all questions and information provided at the original event.
DIYAbility is an Approved Provider of CEU credits for AOTA
Classification Code: This webinar meets the AOTA classification code of Occupational Therapy Process: Outcomes.
Contact Hours: This course will provide 1.0 hours of contact hours, .10 CEUs will be awarded at the completion of a quiz that will be delivered electronically. A passing score of 70% is considered passing. Once a passing score is obtained a certificate of attendance will be emailed to the learner.
Materials: This recorded webinar will be a lecture/webinar format. All you need is you computer/laptop/tablet to view it.
Special needs and requests – Please contact the webinar organizer at least ten days prior to the course with your ADA needs if you require assistance accessing the online material or you have needs to maximize your learning.