Did you know that the iPad can be used without touching the screen? Know how to access these features?
This is a recorded webinar on the use of an iPad and indirect selection, to meet needs of individuals with physical disabilities. We will focus on the scanning features in the iOS 10 operating system. This will include all options for single switch, multiple switch, or joystick use for iPad control.
By the end of this webinar, learners will be able to:
- Discuss various disabilities and how the resulting impairments can affect tablet use
- Discuss scanning or indirect selection options that are part of the OS in the iPad
- Program a “recipe” for increased ease with scanning
- Identify three ways to make modifications to the scanning in the OS
- Occupational, physical, recreational therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Individuals with mixed abilities, family members, caregivers
Contact Hours: This course will provide 1.0 hours of contact hours, .10 CEUs will be awarded at the completion of a quiz that will be delivered electronically. A passing score of 70% is considered passing. Once a passing score has been obtained a certificate of attendance will be emailed to the learner. Full attendance is required for completion and CEU obtainment in addition to passing the quiz (signed in at the beginning of the webinar).
Materials: This is a recorded webinar in a lecture/webinar format. This webinar is an unedited version of a live lecture/webinar given on August 30, 2017. If you have an iPad available, have it with you to follow along when possible.
Special needs and requests – Please contact the in-service organizer with your ADA needs if you require assistance accessing the online material or you have needs to maximize your learning.
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.